In virtual classrooms, effective learning and communication depend on clear and clean audio. Students may get distracted or uninterested if they have trouble hearing or understanding you due to audio problems like distant or muffled-sounding vocals. Fortunately, there are several tools available for enhancing your audio quality. However, it can be challenging to get clear audio in an online classroom, especially for those who are new to teaching from a distance. And using a wireless microphone for recording lectures is a good choice to improve your online audio. In this post, we will cover the following topics:
- Why is a wireless mic important in lecture recordings?
- How to choose the best one to ensure high quality audio?
- Different tips to make excellent online lectures in various scenarios.
Why should you use wireless microphone for lecture recording?
A typical online instructor works between one and six hours each day, therefore you need relaxing audio accompaniment to ensure that your classes go off without a hitch.
A wireless lavalier microphone can effectively gather and optimize your speech, so it is simple to regulate sound and raise it without screaming. Your voice will remain calm and your energy will be conserved. Beginners in online teaching typically begin by using the built-in microphone on their laptop, but they quickly learn that there is a significant difference between this and the professional microphones used for speaking, or teaching.
Most online instructors claim that utilizing a high-end microphone gives them greater self-assurance during lectures since students are inspired by hearing a clear, polished voice that is pleasant to the ears.
Four factors to consider for the best wireless microphone for recording lectures
Different functions are required for microphone used in different scenarios. As for lecture recording microphone, you should take the following factors into consideration.
Consider the microphone's frequency response while selecting the appropriate one for online instruction. The microphone must at least have a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz in order to accurately record the details of your voice. Additionally, you must have a noise-cancelling function so you may shoot videos and audios with confidence that no unneeded background noise will distract your students during class.
Plug and play function
You would want a hassle-free microphone that you could start using as soon as you settled down for class. The best wireless microphones for online teaching are plug-and-play devices. When you connect the microphone to your device, you may start using it right away.
Microphones come in a variety of sizes, and compact size does not imply weakness in recording. We propose that online teachers have a portable wireless teaching microphone system that they may carry with them wherever they go.
There are many microphone devices that produce superb sounds but come at a high cost. Consider anything that can provide you with a near-professional recording at an inexpensive price for online teaching.
Go and buy SYNCO wireless microphone to improve lecture audio
General tips to self lecture recording
1. Set up the wireless microphone for recording class
- Plug in the power cable for the receiver and turn it on
- Plug in the audio cable into the output of the receiver
- Plug the other end of the cable into the adapter
- Connect the audio cable to your computer's or recording device's microphone input
- Turn on the microphone and record the lecture
2. Consider the lighting
- Position a light in front of you.
- Sit in front of a window rather than behind one.
3. Plan ahead
- Reduce editing and retakes.
- Determine whether you will use it for future lessons.
4. Test the entire workflow
- Upload the file to the sharing service
- Playback after adding to LMS or the course webpage
Specific tips to use wireless microphone for recording lectures at different purposes
You may use wireless microphone for zoom classes. But how to achieve excellent lectures recordings? Tips differ by your teaching requirements. Below we list the necessary equipment as well as the recording tips.
Be on camera and present content from computer without annotating contents
Minimal equipment list
- Zoom app
- Stable Internet connection
- Wireless microphone for audio capture
- Webcam for recording video. You may utilize a third-party webcam in addition to integrated ones, which both operate well.
Use your regular laptop and carry on teaching as you would in a class. Install the Zoom app, then utilize the screen sharing feature to record the lectures as they appear on your computer screen. As you would in class, start the programs you want to use. Choose to share the screen rather than a specific program to make sure Zoom's screen sharing function catches everything that is visible on your screen.
Select the appropriate microphone and camera inputs in Zoom for audio and video capture. In order to hear your online students during interactive sessions, be sure to use the right speaker output.
Write on a whiteboard/chalkboard when recording online lectures
Minimal equipment list
- Zoom app
- Stable Internet connection
- Wireless microphone for audio capture to improve mobility
- Webcam for video recording. External cameras are preferable to integrated webcams for simple video framing.
- A tripod is used to stabilize an external webcam and make video framing easier.
Connect an external headset, microphone, and/or webcam to your laptop if they are accessible. Install the Zoom app to record your lectures. Launch Zoom and choose the appropriate microphone and camera inputs for audio and video capture. When holding interactive sessions, be sure you pick the proper speaker output so that you can hear the online students. Frame your writing space by moving the camera around until you're content with the area recorded in the video. Perform a few test captures to confirm that your writing is legible and that your audio is clearly recorded by the microphone (especially when you are talking with your back to the microphone). using a wireless microphone for recording lectures will enhance your audio capturing.