Rechargeable wireless microphone offers free movement and great portability to your recording. It can also save your money without the requirement for replaceable batteries, which protects the environment to some extent. However, sometimes it can be troublesome to charge it. In this article, we list some common problems that you may encounter and offer tips for you. Just go to the part that you have trouble with. The problems are as follows:
- How to correctly charge your wireless microphone?
- Why it cannot be charged after connecting the charging cable?
- How long can it last after a full charge?
Steps on how to charge battery powered wireless microphone
You may think it is simple to charge a rechargeable UHF wireless microphone system or a 2.4G one. Just connect the cable between the microphone and the power source and then the charging starts. It is true but there are more things you need to care about so as to make it work better and longer.
Turn off the given battery-operated wireless microphone that should be charged
When you're preparing to power a rechargeable wireless lavalier microphone, the first thing you should do is switch it off before doing anything else. It is critical to turn it off because if it is left on, it can harm not only the microphone but also other musical instruments connected to the same power supply. By pressing the power button, which will be highlighted in the microphone, it can be turned off.
Connect it to a power source
The real connection is the second stage in charging a rechargeable wireless microphone. Removing the connection cover allows you to locate the USB port.
However, some charging ports might be difficult to discover. If this is the case, you should consult the user manual. After finding the USB port, connect it to a charger on an active computer using a USB cable. Generally, there is an indicator light to show you the charging status, which is usually shown red. So you can simply know that the microphone is undercharging.
But pay attention, there are also power requirements in the user manual. Make sure the microphone is charged under the suggested voltage and current. This helps protect the battery.
Disconnect the cable after charging
When the indicator turns blue, green, or goes off, which tells you the mic is fully charged, disconnect the cable. It is good to disconnect the cable as soon as the charging is finished since overcharging also does harm to the battery.
Go and buy at Moman PhotoGears Store
Reasons why the rechargeable wireless microphone cannot be charged
Chances are that you cannot charge the low power wireless microphone even you have connected it to the power source. The reasons can be various. Here we list some possible reasons. You can check them one by one and try solving the problem when you can’t get somebody to help with the trouble.
- It's possible that the power supply isn't correctly connected. Check the connection, make sure the charging cable is successfully plugged into the charging port and the microphone connects to the power source properly.
- It's possible that the power supply has been damaged. Check to ensure the battery you're using is fully charged. If you're using an AC adapter, make sure that it's in good working order.
- The microphone is likely to go wrong. If you see any physical damage to the microphone, this is most likely the source of the charging problem.
- The battery powered wireless microphone receiver may be malfunctioning. If you're utilizing a rechargeable wireless microphone system, be sure the receiver is fully charged and that the signal is strong.
- There may be something wrong with the charging port. If it is damaged, it needs to be replaced.
How long can wireless microphone rechargeable batteries last?
After a single charge, most wireless lavalier microphones that are powered by an AA battery can last 5 to 10 hours. Some are equipped with an inbuilt battery whose working time depends on the capacity. But generally, they can also last for 5 hours at least.
If you want a wireless system that can support long-time recording, the SYNCO G2 Pro is a good choice. It is a long range wireless microphone at 200m and includes a charging box. It can work for 24 hours with the charging box offering two additional charges.
The range and clarity will impact how long the battery lasts. The longer the signals must transmit, the shorter the battery life will be. In most cases, though, the microphone will live long enough to finish the recording.
Besides, the brand, size, and battery capacity of the rechargeable wireless microphone are all factors that determine how long your wireless microphone battery lasts.
We can't say for sure how long your microphone battery will last because of all of these variables, but on average, it should last up to 5 hours. Most wireless microphones feature a battery status light that lets you know when your battery is low and how much battery life is remaining, no matter what circumstance you're in.